New Improvements and More Coming Soon in This Month’s GTA Online Update
December 6, 2022
With this year drawing to a close, we'd like to thank our devoted community of enterprising criminals, creators, and competitors in Grand Theft Auto Online, and provide some details on what is still to come.
It’s been incredible to see everyone share Snapmatics of UFOs above the Los Santos Skyline in our biggest Halloween event ever, rep their favorite soda in the battle between Sprunk and eCola, enjoy featured races and modes from talented creators around the world via the Community Series, and most recently score an incredible GTA$4 TRILLION collectively in The Heists Challenge.
As a result of that absolutely staggering take in The Heists Challenge, a new vehicle in the upcoming GTA Online update — the retro-styled Declasse Tahoma Coupe — will be made available to all GTA Online players for a limited period later this month.
Building off a suite of adjustments made earlier this year — and as part of our continued commitment to make improvements based largely on player feedback, this December’s GTA Online update will add a wide range of new improvements to Freemode and beyond, many of which were submitted directly by players via the GTA Online feedback website.
- Get to your favorite iFruit Contacts faster — select which Contacts to display or hide via the Interaction Menu.
- The Benefactor Terrorbyte can be used to launch Business Sell Missions in all Session types, including Invite-only Sessions.
- Take on Agatha’s Casino Story Missions as a solo operator by visiting the Management Office of The Diamond Casino & Resort (these missions previously required at least 2 players).
- PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X will add ray-traced reflections — rendering real-time reflections on many surfaces — via the Fidelity Mode graphics setting.
- New vehicle purchases will arrive in your Garage faster than before.
- Select Custom Weaponized Vehicles can now be used in Races, where appropriate — weapons will be disabled outside of GTA Races.
- Bicycles will be added to the list of vehicles that can be requested from your Personal Garage when calling the Mechanic.
- Players on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S can enjoy full access to Hao’s Special Works without needing to complete Hao’s introductory race.
- Completing Vehicle Cargo Sell Missions in Public Sessions will award a High Demand Bonus, bringing this in line with all other business activities, while payouts on Smuggler’s Sell Missions will be permanently tripled.
- Get more of what you want faster with an across-the-board increase in the GTA$ value of all Shark Cards. Starting today, all Shark Card denominations have been boosted by 20–25% when purchased directly in GTA Online or via any of the platform stores. For special GTA+ Member Shark Cards, this is on top of the current 15% bonus GTA$.
These experience improvements and more will arrive alongside the next GTA Online update for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC, coming later this month. Take a walk on the wild side of Blaine County in the first installment of a massive multi-part update taking you all across the expanse of Southern San Andreas, featuring some familiar faces and a new troupe of entrepreneurial misfits on a mission to expand the minds of the citizens of Los Santos, one trip at a time. Plus, expect a fleet of new vehicles, world events, Contact Missions, and more.
Thank you all so much for playing such a huge part in the continued growth and exciting new highs for GTA Online, and for all your valuable and constructive feedback. Please keep it coming, we look forward to implementing more of your ideas and requests as we continue to build on the GTA Online experience with each update.
Stay tuned for much more very soon...
Looks like Dax and Ron will be hanging out in this DLC.