Activate shopping campaigns on Reddit with Product Ads - now in beta!
For the first time, Reddit is launching new tools and formats that enable advertisers to easily activate shopping campaigns. Learn more about Product Ads and how you can get started.
Reddit is the place where users come to actively research the products they are interested in. Our communities, and the trusted conversations they foster, are an influential part of the purchase journey – from the moment a product is announced to when it becomes a household staple. In fact, redditors are 27% more likely to purchase a product they see advertised on Reddit than on other social media platforms¹.
Reaching redditors with the products they love is an important ingredient in the secret sauce to success on Reddit, and we’re excited to share that we are launching new tools and formats to enable advertisers to activate shopping campaigns across our platforms.
Introducing Product Ads on Reddit - now in beta!
Starting today, advertisers globally can go into the Reddit Ads Manager and activate their first shopping campaign using Product Ads. With the new ‘Catalog Sales’ objective, Product Ads also gives brands a way to quickly and easily build ads directly from their existing product catalogs. This means that advertisers can now upload a product catalog directly into the Reddit Ads Manager, organize products, and activate an ad campaign using any targeting option.
What are the benefits of launching a Product Ads campaign on Reddit?
We’ve got a few reasons up our sleeves…
- Find an audience of users who are already in research mode and are primed for purchase: Reddit is the place where users come to research the products they are interested in. Our users are 46% more likely to trust brands who advertise on Reddit as opposed to other sites¹.
- Expand the reach of ecommerce campaigns to new audiences: Diversify ecommerce campaigns with Reddit’s unique audience that can’t be found elsewhere.
- Activate ads faster through the new Catalog Sales objective: Quickly and easily advertise products to redditors from your existing product catalog–product images and key product details, such as name and price, automatically populate during the ad build process and refresh in real time with the most up to date information. Product Catalogs can be uploaded through a CSV file or connected to Reddit’s Ad Manager with a feed URL and set to update hourly or daily with the latest product information.
This is only the beginning of the shopping capabilities we plan to launch on Reddit over the coming quarters. As an ongoing investment, we will be sharing new products and features as they come available so keep an eye on this space!
Case study results
Gamestop partnered with Reddit to participate in the Product Ads alpha, with the goal of driving sales surrounding some of their key brand moments and product releases. In a test, they seamlessly created ads using information sourced from their product catalog, including product images, name and price, to drive results that surpassed their campaign standards.
- 11% Higher ROAS than GameStop standard in-feed campaigns 2
- 19% Lower CPA than GameStop standard in-feed campaigns 2
- 93% higher click to purchase rate than GameStop standard in-feed campaigns 2
Ready to test Product Ads?
Check out the help center guides to get started or dive right into the Ads Manager and upload your product catalog.
1 Luth Research, 2021, US. Lifts = Reddit ad viewers vs. Social Platform ad viewers.
2 Reddit Ads Manager